Do you need to know how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed? You might be surprised! This post breaks down the math for you, as well as giving some tips on cooking a turkey breast. Whether you’re cooking for a small crowd or just want to have leftovers, this information is sure to come in handy. So, read on and learn all about it!
Before getting into how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, learn about who your guests are.
Consider Who Your Guest is?
The very first thing when it comes to how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed is about adult and children’s servings:
- The amount of food an adult eats is usually much more than what a child would eat. Thus, to make sure you have enough turkey breast for everyone, focus on how many people will be at your dinner table that are fully grown adults.
- Keep in mind that some appetites are bigger than others when preparing food for a gathering. This guide is based on the average adult, but if you have someone coming over who always seems to be hungry, you may want to consider making more food. I recommend adding an extra quarter or half pound of turkey breast for each person with a larger appetite.
How Many Will an 8 Pound Turkey Breast Feed?
When it comes to how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, there are a couple of factors to consider. First, how many guests are you expecting? The size of your guest list affects how much turkey is needed. If you’re hosting a small gathering, then an 8 pound turkey breast can easily feed 6-8 people. But if you’re expecting a bigger group, it could feed up to 10 people.
Also, how hungry your guests are will play a role in how much turkey is needed. If they all come with an appetite, then the 8 pound breast might not be enough! For larger groups of hungry guests, consider buying a whole turkey or purchasing two 8-pound turkey breasts.
Bone-In Turkey Breast vs. Boneless Turkey Breast
Beside who your guests are, how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, the kind of turkeys are worth considered also:
- Bone-In: When you buy a bone-in turkey breast, the weight on the tag refers to both bones and meat. To figure out how much turkey you need per person, double the suggested amount. For example, if the package says an 8-pound turkey serves 16 people, that means each person will get 1/2 pound of meat. If you’re having 16 guests (including yourself), calculate for 32 pounds of boneless, skinless breast—or 2 whole breasts.
- Boneless: A boneless breast is simply a breast without the bones, which also means it’s lighter. If you’re planning to serve 16 people (including yourself), then you’ll need an 8 pound turkey breast.
Other Things to Consider when Serving Turkey
Alright, let’s learn one more thing here because we’re not done with how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed yet:
- To make sure there’s enough turkey for everyone, I suggest cutting the amount of breast meat by quarters or halves for younger children. So, if you have one toddler, add a quarter-pound (0.25) of extra turkey breast to your dish just for them.
- When cooking for a large group, preparing extra food is always the better choice. This way, you’ll have enough to feed everyone and also end up with delicious leftovers. If you make two pounds more than necessary, it’s no problem! That scenario is much better than not having enough turkey to go around.
- For those with bottomless pits for stomachs, an additional half-pound will be necessary. You should make sure there is enough turkey so that everyone feels stuffed! And maybe even have some leftovers to send home with people.
How About Other Different Turkey Breast Feed?
That’s all about how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, but what about others like 4 pound or 12 pound. The brief explanation below will save your day!
- Whether you have two or ten family members, it can be tough to determine how much food is needed for everyone– especially when cooking a holiday feast. A good rule of thumb is one pound of raw turkey breast per person. This will ensure that there’s enough (and maybe even some leftovers).
- If you want to know how many people your turkey breast will feed, start with the number of attendees. For this example, we’ll say there are 12 guests (remember to include yourself!) coming for dinner. Then take that number and multiply it by 0.5 – which will cut the original number in half. In our example, we multiplied 12 by 0.5 and got 6 . So then we go to the store and buy six pounds of turkey breast! Easy peasy!
Here is a quick guide on how much turkey breast to buy per person, depending on the number of guests:
- 4 people = 2 pounds of uncooked Turkey Breast
- 8 people = 4 pounds of uncooked Turkey Breast
- 24 people = 12 pounds of uncooked Turkey Breast
That’s all for how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed. If you have any other questions, check out the FAQs section below.
How many will a 7 pound turkey breast feed?
This method is appropriate whether you have a whole turkey breast (two breasts still joined at the breastbone) weighing six to seven pounds, which will feed six to eight people.
How many pounds of turkey in need to serve 7 adults?
In order to know how much turkey you’ll need, multiply the number of people attending by 1.25. This will allow for each person to have about 1.25 pounds of turkey.
How many pounds of turkey in need to serve a family of 8?
A group of 8 people will need, at the very least, 12 pounds of turkey to feel satiated but you might want to consider getting a 14-pound bird for some leftovers.
What is the best way to season my turkey?
The most succulent turkeys are seasoned beneath the skin, not on top like other proteins. Seasoning in this way allows the spices to permeate the meat for optimal flavor.
We hope this article has been helpful in answering your question of how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed. Dixies Home Cookin is always delighted to be your sous chef and finish festive meals for your family and friends. We Cyrus thank you for your reading and hope to see you in the next articles.
Trang web của chúng tôi, thebluestove.com, có rất nhiều công thức nấu ăn và làm bánh đang chờ bạn khám phá. Vì vậy, hãy ghé thăm chúng tôi khi tìm kiếm những ý tưởng mới trong nhà bếp!