Are you looking for an easy way to make banana crepes? If so, you’ll love this recipe of How to make banana crepes with pancake mix! It uses pancake mix as the base, so it’s simple and quick to put together. Plus, the results are delicious – perfect for a special breakfast or dessert. Give it a try!
Before getting into 2 great recipes of how to make banana crepes with pancake mix, let’s check out some side information about banana.
Is Banana Good for My Crepes?
The fruit adds sweetness and flavor, and it also helps keep the crepes moist. You can use any type of banana that you like best – ripe or unripe.
The nutritious fruit also provides a good source of potassium, Vitamin C, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
Should I Use Pancake Mix for My Crepes?
Yes! Because it is a quick and easy method for how to make banana crepes with pancake mix, a lot of people make crepes with pancake mix. This is because of the convenience it provides. The trick is to play around with the amount of liquid and other components that you put in so that the final product has the desired texture.
What Kind of Bananas Should I Use to Make Crepes?
You can use whichever variety of banana you like best for your banana crepe recipes – ripe or unripe. However, if you’re using a more ripe banana, it’s best to mash it up before adding it to the pancake mix. This will help prevent lumps from forming in your crepes.
Recipe #1: How to Make Banana Crepes with Pancake Mix
– 1 cup pancake mix
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 banana, mashed (optional)
Instructions of how to make banana crepes with pancake mix:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the pancake mix and water until smooth.
2. If using a ripe or unripe banana, mash it up before adding it to the batter.
3. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and lightly grease with cooking spray.
4. Pour the desired amount of batter onto the heated skillet and let cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Flip the crepe over and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Serve crepes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Recipe #2: How to Make Banana Crepes With Pancake Mix following French way
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
+Toppings and Fillings:
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 cups whipping cream,
- Divided 5 to 6 firm bananas that have been halved lengthwise.
- Additional cinnamon (optional)
Instructions of how to make banana crepes with pancake mix:
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and confectioners sugar. Then, add milk, eggs, butter , vanilla and salt; beat until mixture is combined.
- Heat a 6-in. skillet on medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or oil. Add 3 tablespoons of batter to the pan, spreading carefully so that the batter becomes almost transparent while still covering the entire bottom surface of the pan in an even layer.
- Cook until light brown, then flip gently and cook for 1 more minute on the other side until both sides are golden brown.
- Place crepes onto a wire rack or plate to cool slightly; repeat steps with remaining batter (should make 10-12 crepes in total), greasing skillet as needed between batches.)
- In order to fill the skillet, melt butter and mix in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add cream and cook until it becomes slightly thickened.
- Then spoon sauce over half of the bananas at a time so they can heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally top with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon (optional). Voila! Done for your banana crepe recipes.
Here are some YouTube videos for you to watch:
How to Know My Banana Crepes is Well-Baked?
Your banana crepes will be done when they’re golden brown and fluffy, that’s when you know you are successful with how to make banana crepes with pancake mix recipe.
To check, gently press down on the center of the crepe with a spatula. If it bounces back easily, your crepe is ready to eat!
Tips to Have Yummy Banana Crepes
Now, we all know about how to make banana crepes with pancake mix, but is there any tip for you to ensure you never fail? Not sure 100%, but we can help you with these invincible tricks right below:
– For best results, use over-ripe bananas – they’re sweeter and more flavorful.
– If you don’t have pancake mix on hand, you can easily make your own with flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
– To give your crepes an extra touch of sweetness, add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup to the batter.
– For added flavor, you can also add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter.
– Toppings are a great way to make your banana crepes even more delicious – try fresh fruit, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and other yummy toppings.
What Pancake Mix Brands Should I Use to Make Crepes?
You can use any type of pancake mix for your banana crepe recipes, so it really comes down to personal preference. Some popular brands include Bisquick, Krusteaz, and Aunt Jemima.
For best results, use a regular pancake mix. If you’d like to make your crepes healthier, opt for a whole wheat or gluten-free variety. Before using any type of pancake mix, be sure to check the instructions on the package and follow accordingly.
That’s everything about How to make banana crepes with pancake mix, let’s wrap it up with a FAQs section and conclusion.
Is pancake mix and crepe mix the same?
The crucial distinction between the two types is that pancake batter contains a leavening agent like baking powder or soda, while crepe batter does not. Consequently, pancakes are thicker and fluffier as opposed to crêpes being thin and flat.
Are crepes thin as pancakes?
The main difference between pancakes and crêpes lies in their thickness. Crêpes are much thinner because they don’t use baking powder like pancakes do. Because of this, they also tend to be slightly crispier around the edges. This makes them perfect for any type of filling or topping, whether you prefer sweet or savory flavors!
Should crepes be rolled or folded?
Usually, crêpes are folded or shaped according to the recipe. Nevertheless, many other recipes would work just as well with various types of folds. Also, crepes are very flexible. If you master the basic crêpe recipe, you can use any ingredients and folding methods that you want.
Why do my crepes turn out crispy?
When the crepes are crispy, it’s an indicator that either the frying pan was too hot or the crepe itself was cooked for too long. The key is to not have a frying pan sohot that the batter begins to set immediately upon impact; you should be able to pour a thin layer of batter over the base of the pan.
How to keep crepes from getting rubbery?
Most people think that overmixing the batter will create gluten, leading to a tough texture. However, you only need to mix it enough so that the flour is hydrated and the batter pulls together. Then experiment from there to find what works best for you.
Now that you know the recipe for how to make banana crepes with pancake mix, we hope you’ll try making them at home. They make a great breakfast or snack, and they’re sure to impress your family and friends. Thanks for reading, and be sure to check out our website dixieshomecookin.org for more cooking and baking recipes.