Are you looking for how to make crepes with pancake mix? Why not try reading this blog, this article is for you. This recipe is simple and straightforward – all you need is some basic kitchen supplies and a little bit of time. So why not give it a try today? Your family will love the delicious results!
Before learning how to make crepes with pancake mix, we will learn about the ingredients and how to make pancake mix in case you don’t have an available at home. Let’s go to find out the recipe right now.
How to Make Pancake Mix Easily?
Before answering the question how to make crepes with pancake mix, if you don’t have pancake flour available, can you do it, the answer is yes provided you have to make your own pancake mix at home. It’s actually quite easy! All you need is flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and oil.
- First, mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl – 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of baking powder, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of melted butter or vegetable oil and stir to combine. If the mixture looks too thick or dry at this point, you can add some more butter or oil until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Next, slowly add water while whisking continuously until the batter is smooth. It should be pourable but still relatively thick. Let the batter sit for about 10 minutes before using it to make crepes. This will give time for any lumps to dissolve and the flour to become fully hydrated.
How to Make Crepes with Pancake Mix at Home?
Before entering the detailed how to make crepes with pancake mix section, you need to prepare the following things.
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- 1/2 cups of milk.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blend or mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl or blender until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Spray cooking spray into a nonstick pan measuring 8 inches in diameter.
- A quarter cup of batter should be poured onto the pan (or crepe pan, if you have one), and then the batter should be swirled about to cover the entire bottom surface of the pan.
- Cook for about a minute and a half over a heat setting of medium-low. Cook for an additional minute while using a thin spatula to flip the food.
- Place the finished piece on a platter, then proceed with the remaining batter. Pile each layer onto the plate as you complete it.
After your crepes have finished cooking, fill them with your favorite toppings. Fresh fruit, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream are all delicious options. Enjoy your delectable crepes for breakfast, dessert, or as a tasty snack whenever you want!
Or you can refer to the video how to make crepes with pancake mix with the above recipes to make it easier to visualize.
Video about How to Make Crepe with Pancake Mix
Tips for Making Delicious Homemade Crepes
- Adding all of the milk at once is a sure way to get lumps, so start with half a cup and work your way up. Once the mixture is smooth, add the remaining milk and ingredients.
- When frying pancakes, use a nonstick skillet to avoid sticking. However, if your nonstick skillet is scratched, flipping crepes may be difficult.
- To help with flipping the pancakes for better shapes, use a thin spatula and, if necessary, your hands.
- When the batter appears completely set with no liquid remaining, it is time to flip the crepe.
- Using a ladle is the best way to see if the batter is just right. Dip it into the mixture, then take it out and flip it. If the finger trace remains stable, the consistency is satisfactory. If it quickly closes up, it indicates that the batter is too runny.
What Can Crepes be Eaten With?
- Ham & Swiss cheese (my favorite crepe filling… I add maple syrup for a savory-sweet breakfast!)
- Bananas, Nutella
- Maple cream cheese filling (great with pumpkin crepes)
- Strawberry-whipped-cream dessert
- Blue cheese steak, spinach
- Blueberry mascarpone
- Eggs poached, ham, hollandaise